I don’t know about your little ones, but it seems that lately our little one is full of expression. Full of wanting to express herself and full of color. Her latest obsession? Colored hair. She sees it while I am browsing on Facebook, she sees it in magazine and she gets it when we go get her hair trimmed (along with shimmer and sparkle spray).
So, I decided that we would do it at-home. I repurposed the DIY spray snow paint that had a half inch left in the spray bottle and added more food coloring to make a bit more concentrated.
Here’s what you are going to need:
- Gloves (for you) Or, purple hands for a few days
- Food coloring and water (very concentrated) in spray Bottle
- Hair Dryer
- Old towel
- I put the kiddos hair in a ponytail and sprayed the entire ponytail, flattening it out over the towel to make sure that I had most of the hair soaked with the food coloring dye.
- I toweled it, and repeated
- I dried the ponytail section with the hair dryer to make sure that it was mostly dry before I let it come in contact with the rest of the hair
- Then, I did a couple of sections in the front, twisting them upwards to avoid getting the other hair wet.
- Then, style.