Have you ever tried to use a baby gate like that? There’s so many notches that you don’t have any idea which one is it (until you realised that your father in law marked the one that works with the doorway) and it still doesn’t feel sturdy.
When it came time to shop for baby gates for our own house (We never needed them with Olivia since we lived in a Condo) I searched and I searched for the a baby gate that was going to work for our space, and a baby gate that wasn’t going to destroy the walls – and one that wasn’t going to take me five minutes to get on the doorway.
The First Years Everywhere Gate took me about two minutes to figure out, once it came out of the box. I adjusted it one time (months ago) for our stairs going to the lower level and haven’t had to adjust it again. It stays in place, and I don’t need to worry about it coming off of the wall. It’s so secure – even when Violet is standing against it.
What else is so great about the Safety First Everywhere gate?
- Non marking. We borrowed a couple of other gates from friends in the past and they did a number on our condo walls, trying to keep Olivia out of the kitchen.
- You can take it off with the simple upward motion of the handle, but there’s a catch so even the into-everything preschooler can’t get the gate off.
- It fits in awkward places (like against bannisters and walls with molding on the bottom)
- Did I mention it won’t wreck your walls?
- When it comes to baby proofing, it doesn’t look terrible. I like the clear design of the gate.
- It’s versatile, it can be hardware or pressure mounted (We chose pressure mounted)
So, when it came time that she learned she could climb up the stairs, and became obsessed with that idea, there was no trying to find the right baby gate. I knew which one we were going to use.
Buy the first years Everywhere Gate on Amazon (and get free shipping) It’s on sale too!