It’s been a couple of weeks of sugar and eating in restaurants around here. This week, it’s back to the basics with sugar free snacks and as healthy food as possible while we’re at-home. We’re ditching the cupcakes – but unfortunately, those are our tea-party food of choice.
Today, we tried something new for an afternoon tea party and made a watermelon cake with blueberry ‘candles’ before heading outside to enjoy the sunny-but-crisp July afternoon.
Watermelon Cake with Blueberry Candles
- Cut 2-3, 1″ thick slices of watermelon to avoid wasting the melon
- Cut around the rind, creating circle shapes
- Create layers, shaving the top to ensure it’s flat
- Use skewers to ensure the layers stay in place
- Add fruit to the skewers for an extra snack