Last night around quarter after nine Olivia and I decided to ride our bikes to Save on Foods because I ran out of iced coffee, and on the seven minute bike ride she had no less than eight mosquito bites. Me too. At one point, there were three on me as I nearly swerved off of the bike path and into the kiddo. Along with that iced coffee, powerade for her and a Kinder Surprise for the morning; came the bug spray, the heavy duty 20% DEET bug spray.
She’s three now, I don’t mind putting it on her. However, Violet just turned a year – a couple of months ago. I am still kind of weary of putting it on her because she still sticks everything in her mouth. Last summer when she was even smaller? There was no way I would put off! on her. The battle against the bugs is something that I know first-hand and something all of the parents I know struggle with. It’s relatable, and a personal choice – and it’s helpful that there are other options than dousing infants in OFF! to keep them safe from mosquitoes.
Get Rid of the Itch with Brica Infant Carseat Canopy
We’ve gone through our share of methods to reduce the chance of babies being bitten by mosquitoes. We’ve tried bracelets, natural sprays and stickers. None of them worked very well. So, the only option you’re really left with when it comes to protecting infants from itchy mosquito bites is to create a barrier between the kid and the mosquitoes.
A lot of the barriers designed are done so with flaws; they fall on to the kid sleeping in the infant carrier, they make it difficult to hold the handle or they don’t provide a good enough barrier for the infant inside of the carseat.
Brica has solved all of these problems with a portable, easy-to-use infant carseat canopy that provides protection from mosquitoes (and protection from the sun blocking 98% of UVA/UVB rays when the UV cover is in place and it was designed in Canada.
- It’s breathable, the baby didn’t get hot while they were inside of it
- It’s not covered with some awful baby design, It’s black and matched the black Maxi Cosi Mico that we tested it out in
- It’s fun to fold-up
- The pop-up design comes out as soon as you take it out of the case, making it simple to slip it on the carseat it under thirty seconds
- It’s versatile, protections against bugs, the sun and stranger-hands
- It fits well, snug fit with the carseat we tested it on, the Maxi Cosi Mico
- The design doesn’t interfere with the handle
- It’s durable, Olivia has worn it on her head screaming she’s an alien, it’s been tossed around the house, the car and used for a road trip all with ease. Plus, I’d be confident tossing it in the washer (never the dryer, I barely put anything in there though)
At $29, it’s something that I would invest in for the summer months, fall, and spring to protect from sun, rain, wind and bugs. Easily stashed away for multiple children, Brica has created a high quality canopy that has made it on to my must-have list of infant items for summer, and spring, and fall.
Brica has been newly introduced to me and has some great innovative products that make life easier, and that’s what I’m all about. This is one of those products that I have been telling everyone about. The Brica Carseat Canopy is one of those products that you wish you would have known about, or would have been available years ago, when your ones-that-aren’t-so-little, were little. It’s just that great. It’s one of those products that is getting stashed away until it’s time that we need it again, and one of those products that we’ve gotten asked about many a time that we’ve been out and about.
Win the Brica Infant Carseat Canopy
Brica is giving one lucky reader the chance to win a Brica infant carseat canopy of your own, to keep your little one protected through the summer months.