Making holidays special around here starts at Breakfast. When I wanted to create a special breakfast for the kids I knew that I wanted to create french toast, because it’s their favorite and that I wanted to use hearts. Plus, it didn’t take longer than making plain old french toast.
So, with an egg, a piece of toast and a heart cookie cutter I created heart-shaped french toast that took just a couple of seconds longer than regular French toast.
Easy Heart French Toast
- Cut out a heart using the cutter
- Combine milk and eggs for french toast mix
- Dip the outside of the bread into the eggs, cook
- Add a drop of red food coloring to the remainder of the eggs
- Stir, and dip in the heart
- Cook as usual
- Replace into the heart shaped hole
- Serve with strawberries and powdered sugar