1. The Puke Bucket
No, I’m not kidding. “Violet! Leave my puking bowl alone!” is something that I’ve heard come out of Olivia’s mouth at least five times on a morning when she was under the weather with that stomach bug that was going around. The puke bucket? Gross. They are disgusting.
2. Who gets to be ‘the dog’ and fetch the bone that Olivia found in the snow at the park
3. related: Who lost the bone (for the record, I threw it out)
4. The Purple Cup
I’ve got no words for this one. Also? I’ve stopped buying any other color cup to avoid the screams of “No, I want the purple cup”, when they get a drink of anything.
5. Pushing the Green Button
Who gets to push the green button. Our Debit card never swipes at Costco. It’s a wrap it in paper every single time, while it works everywhere else without fail. Then, the kids fight over the button and cancel the transaction and we start again.
6. Who has the real Elsa on their pajamas (the exact same pajamas)
7. Who gets to be Elsa. And who gets to be Sven. That’s all. There is no Anna, the other movie characters have been victims of the ZA or something because there is only Elsa and Sven, and no one wants to be Sven because he smells. This folks, is a daily fight around here.
8. Who can stomp their foot louder when they are mad at each other
9. Who gets to help Dad take his socks off when he comes home from work
I know what you’re thinking, Disgusting right? I think that every single day when he walks in the door and Olivia’s all “I want to help Dad!” and Violet’s all “screaming like a banshee” and I’m all “Where’s the wine?” Every single Monday to Friday, you’ll find this at about 5:42 at our house.
It’s a good thing that they love each other about 80% of the time – because the other 20%? They fight over everything. Doesn’t matter if each of them have the same thing, the other person wants the other’s for some reason that makes zero sense. What are some of the ridiculous things that your kids fight over?