Camping breakfasts don’t have to leave you cooking bacon every morning. Before we go, I like to make sure that we’re stocked up on the easy things for breakfast, like the Costco individual cereal packages, already prepared foil packs, and easy toss-away containers with things like cinnamon buns that are ready to bake (you can freeze these ahead of time).
One of the most simple camping breakfasts can be easily prepared in minutes, and you don’t have to worry about getting out the grill to cook bacon and a pan to cook eggs.
Scrambled Egg, Bacon + Hashbrowns Foil Packs
1. Create a small bowl with the pack, to keep everything in place and spray the pack with oil
2. Chop or slice the potatoes thinly
3. Add a few slices of bacon, or sausage
4. Add a scrambled egg (1 for kids, 2 for adults)
5. Top with cheese
6. Place over fire for approximately fifteen minutes
Tip: To save time, you can bring along pre-cooked potatoes and keep them in the cooler, this way, you can use larger has browns and create a heartier breakfast pack.