Taste of Edmonton (July 16-25) is one of my favorite times of the year. The chance to try new foods, to encourage the kids to try a handful new things and to grab some of my all-time-favorites (green onion cakes) are three of the reasons we spend an evening at Churchill Square during the festival.
Buy Advance Tickets and Save 20%
Date night? Family fun? Trying to get out on a budget? Buy tickets in advance for Taste of Edmonton and save 20% off of the original price. You can buy Taste of Edmonton tickets online, or stop by any of TGP Edmonton locations (Goldbar, Ottewell, or Warehouse Market on Yellowhead and save 20% until July 15, 2015). As an added bonus, you get to skip the lines!
Taste 4 Kids
The Taste 4 Kids features programs and classes running every day of the festival this year, from 11:30 am to 6:00 pm. The programs focus on getting active and healthy eating, and can be found close to the 3 Bananas Cafe on the south east side of the square. With activities like light sabers and yoga classes for kids, and flexible scheduling, kids can show up and jump right into the activities – here’s the daily schedule:
11:30 Funki Fit Zumba
12:00 – 1:00 Wandering Superheros and Princesses
12:30 Kids Circus show and play shop (July 16-19)
12:30 Light Saber Training (July 20-25)
2:00 Glow Kids Yoga
3:00 – 5:00 Teachers Pet
5:15 Funki Fit Zumba
New this year is the parents tent. You can wait for kids to finish programming through the Taste 4 Kids programs, nurse a baby, change diapers or just cool off. The parents tent is open between 11:00 am and 11:00 pm.
Taste of Edmonton – Our Tips
- Bring a blanket and find a place in the shade to sit. Take turns going to stand in line, and avoid doing it with kids.
- If you can, take the afternoon off and go early to attend between the least busy time of two and five o’clock.
- Switch it up and taste as many things as you can
- It’s hot! Bring lots to drink, or find one of the Lemonade locations or beverage oasis tents and get beverages to go with your food
- Buy your tickets ahead of time, skip the line and save 20% off of the cost of tickets