Have you booked your back to school eye exams? Back to school season is packed, I know – but it’s the time of year when I try to get those annual appointments out of the way. You know, the pediatrician appointment, dental checkups and a quick stop at Lendrum Eyecare.
There is no out of pocket cost for eye exams for children, eighteen years of age and under. Exams are covered by Alberta Health and help to ease the costs of caring for a child. Children in kindergarten are eligible for free eyeglasses, should they require them, through the Eye See Eye Learn Program.
You can even book your eye examination appointment online. This feature is one of my favorites of our clinic of choice, allowing me to venture to the website at the end of the day when office hours are over and I’m just remembering to book an appointment.
Did you know?
– 1 in 4 school aged children have a vision problem
– many children with vision problems are misdiagnosed as having a learning or behavioral disability
– the earlier an eye problem is detected, the more likely it can be corrected
– 80% of learning is visual so it’s important our kids are seeing as well as possible so they can learn as much as possible
– it is possible to do eye exams on children with disabilities (including those who cannot communicate) and Dr. Champion frequently performs these exams
Finding an optometrist that the kids are comfortable with is going to make those appointments easier. We’ve been bringing since she was a young toddler – making every year easier because she’s familiar with the office, familiar with the routine and familiar with the doctor.
Dr. Champion at Lendrum Eyecare puts the girls at ease with funny jokes, explanations of what he’s doing and quick thinking for two-year-olds that want nothing to do with the office, even though their big sister has guaranteed there’s a prize at the end of the appointment. Comfortable, kid-friendly and conveniently located, the office tops of our list of the best places for kids eye exams in Edmonton.
Back to School Sale | If at the end of the eye exam it’s determined that glasses are needed, you can find everything you need at Lendrum Eye Care. Throughout the end of September, buy one pair of glasses and get the second set 40% off, for patients sixteen and under.